The Palace Theatre, Hamburg, NY at dusk as the day gives way to night. The theater neon and the marquee as well as the Custom Tailor neon in one of the two storefronts (one to each side of the theater entrance) stand out against the quickly darkening blue sky. As cars pass by on the Buffalo street, their head and tail lights blur into streaks during the long exposure. And finally, the wet road and sidewalks reflect the lights and colors as it has just stopped raining.
The Palace Theatre opened on January 14, 1926 and was built by George Biehler. It is located in the town of Hamburg, NY.
Hamburg, NY takes its name from Hamburg, Germany. The town was formed in 1812 and is located south of Buffalo on the shore of Lake Erie and along the Eighteen Mile Creek. References
: Hamburg Palace
- Hamburg History
- History of Hamburg, NY